With the onset of the pandemic of COVID-19, situation has become very troublesome over last few weeks for business and customers alike. The effects of COVID-19 have been shaking up the entire world and forcing us to change our behavioral pattern on a massive scale. Most organizations are trying to enable work from home to continue the rhythm of business and there are tons of articles which help you get started in that journey.
Most of the articles we have come across talks about the technology and infrastructure requirements that one needs to effectively work from home. However, from our experience, technology and infrastructure are just tip of the iceberg. The softer side of getting adjusted to staying at home and ability to focus on work with the other personal responsibilities is big challenge. In addition, when your life support systems are off it makes it that much more difficult. Below are some images which will illustrate what we are talking about.
To put it in words,
- Working with kids, pets and any dependents can be a serious challenge.
- Constant updates of news of COVID-19 can create a lot of stress and anxiety around safety of your near and dear ones.
- Not having an organized office setup, working from a makeshift arrangement can be a deterrent to productivity .
- Expecting everyone follow a same routine or work timings might not work.
- Working alone without face to face interaction can reduce productivity levels severely.
We at Inovar chose to work from home from the first week of March’20, long before India was put under a strict lock down as health and safety of our employees and their well-being are of are of paramount importance for Inovar.
We have recognized these softer sides of getting work done and have been empathic to our teams which has work wonders for us. Just being open to opinions and making decisions democratically goes a long way to manage things. In addition, our home network (esp. Internet) was never designed to withstand the unprecedented load, creating frequent loss of connections or slow network speed in every part of the country.
These issues create frustration and stress to the best of us (read as: seasoned WFH experts). I would urge every leader to be cognizant of these facts and always remain alert to handle these scenarios.
- Always remember to ask your team member their current situation before asking why something didn’t get done.
- Please connect with your customers and explain them that these are unprecedented times, and everyone should work together to achieve mutual goals.
- Set at least day long task and less frequent check-ins.
- Try to be empathetic to their situation and maintain work-life balance.
We live in an Employee First world and it’s said, “Take care of your employees and they will take care of your customers”. I think it’s the best mantra right now in these testing times.
#statysafe #staypositive #achievewonders
The situation has become very troublesome for last few weeks for business and customers alike, with the onset of the pandemic of COVID-19. The effects of COVID-19 have been shaking up the entire world and forcing us to undergo drastic behavioral changes.
In this situation, every business is planning on how to continue the rhythm of business with our customers, partners and suppliers and manage their business in a seamless fashion. With almost entire world being under a lockdown, this is a very far fetched reality. Most of the business cannot function without having people on ground. For example, supply chain and most of the upstream/downstream services/businesses related to that is a prime example.
As per McKinsey, here is what readiness for restarting looks like for all affected countries
Emergency services and IT driven businesses are still functioning but struggling with multiple issues. From finding a secure way work from home to digitizing all the paper and people-based process is uphill task. Even if you can re-purpose and find workaround to get things done, adoption still will remain an unsolved question.
We @ Inovar, have seen these challenges first hand with one of the top US Health caregivers, and helped find a solution to their challenges. Starting from rapid infrastructure setup to digitizing their process and helping their team adopt the solutions which were created. While designing the solution it was key that we keep the end user in mind and make it easy for them to transition on to this new platform.
Some of the items we have helped them with are:
- Virtual Agents
- Rapid Application development and workflow automations.
- Technology strategy, Infrastructure and tools setup for Work from home.
- Automated exposure severity evaluations with Analytics.
- Content management for their facilities using PowerApps & SharePoint Applications.
- Training on the new tools and services deployed.
If you are also facing technical challenges in this pandemic condition, then our technical experts might be able to find out instant feasible solutions. Our knowledge with rapid digitization platform can definitely help you get moving and mitigate most of the challenges you are facing today.
Here some quick guidelines that will help you to be more productive in your daily operations:
- Focus on multichannel communication in daily basis
- Flexibility of remote work to all
- Actively present in social media
- Streaming services for content.
- Create a Business continuity or backup plan for all Digital services used.
The present situation becomes more critical as most of the SMBs are in the center of the crisis. However, we believe that adopting best practices for communication and modern tech solutions are the essential ways to combat against such global crisis. Always feel free to connect with us for solving any business problems and better technical suggestion. We will be glad to be your technical partner and always committed to lead you in the right track of digital transformation.